Connect for Change 2023 - Global Service Day
Social issues such as poverty, health, education, equalities and climate change have been amplified after the pandemic. While the society is recovering from the crisis, many of us have lost the sense of community amidst virtual life. We need to rebuild connections with the community more than ever.
HKUST Connect is bringing back the Global Service Day this year in Connect for Change as a joint effort of all University members to engage with the community. Coinciding with Global Youth Service Day, students, staff and alumni will fan out into the community in April to engage in various community service opportunities and together connect for change.
Create a culture of contribution - Instill a heart for service in the entire university population – staff, students and alumni.
Work together for the common good - Mobilize the entire campus to join hands in something meaningful and memorable, making a mark as a university not just by displaying academic excellence, but also unity in diversity.
Build human connections - Gather individuals inside and outside the campus again for a shared positive experience after COVID that would pave way for building lasting relationships in the future.
As the kick-off event of Global Service Day, students, staff and representatives of the collaborating organizations from different service activities will join the ceremony to celebrate the start of our advocacy and changemaking event.
20 April 2023 (Thu)
12:45 - 1:30pm
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Atrium, HKUST
As a token of appreciation, all volunteers of Global Service Day will receive
- a "Connect for Change" anti-viral reusable mask - able to inhibit and eliminate 99% of viruses (including SARS-CoV-2) instantly on contact; endure 200 industrial washes (1 mask max. for each volunteer in Hong Kong)
- an electronic Certificate of Appreciation
- School of Science
- School of Engineering
- School of Business and Management
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office
- Development and Alumni Office
- Human Resources Office
- Sustainability/Net-Zero Office