You Can Draw - Develop your visual thinking to communicate ideas (Nov 2023)
[This is a workshop in Changemaker Gear Up Training Series (GUTS)]
Visuals are the universal language. And you don't need to be good at art to harness the power of visual thinking.
This workshop aims to introduce the visual thinking tools to you for communicating ideas through demonstration and practicing. You can experience the power of visual tools that could help your studies and work in brainstorming and presenting ideas, storytelling, or simply taking notes in class. You can then put your learnings to use at your next presentation, pitch or team meeting! You will be able to:
- Understand the purposes and benefits of visual thinking
- Use basic visual elements in expressing ideas
- Apply visual thinking in generating ideas and produce presentations using visual templates
1. Complete 3 GUTS talks/workshops to get a certificate of participation.
2. Priority will be given to HKUST Connect registrants (Kick start your changemaking journey with HKUST Connect: https://connect.ust.hk/get-involved/register-with-hkust-connect/register)
3. To avoid interruption and hindering the progress of the session, facilitators may not admit new participants who are late for more than 10 minutes.
4. Registered students are to arrive within 5 minutes after the workshop starts; otherwise, walk-in students will be admitted to take up their spots until the workshop is full.
5. [HMAW 1905] This is a recognized event in the "Self-directed Experience" component of HMAW1905: Behavioral Foundations of University Education: Habits, Mindsets, and Wellness. To receive 2 hours, you must attend the event in full and miss no more than 10 mins.